25 Calls to change children’s lives for the better
Our anniversary campaign brings together diverse voices from across the sector to propose how children can experience greater equality and strengthened human rights.
We are in a unique and exciting position as the national membership organisation for the children’s sector in Scotland, and our 25 Calls campaign is our roadmap for a future where children rights are protected.
The calls cover four themes:
Strengthening rights and participation
Supporting children, families and communities
Improving education, skills and learning experiences
We have spoken to people who work with children every day, researchers into children’s development, charities who stand up for children’s rights, schools and nurseries, parents and carers, and children and young people themselves to produce our calls.
Read news articles about the campaign
Our 25 Calls campaign has been shared across multiple national media outlets in Scotland. Click the links below to read news coverage of the campaign:
- Commonspace: Why the £5 child benefit top-up is the right policy at the right time
- Commonspace: Change the language of poverty': Children's sector calls for 25 changes to improve lives of young Scots
- Scotsman: It's everyone's job to protect children from abuse
- Scotsman (Opinion): Voting in the UK must include 16 and 17 year olds
- TES: Stop seeing poor children as 'tragic', campaign says
- TES: Why the design of school buildings matters
- The Herald: We must all get involved in the fight against child poverty
- The National: Charity calls for better access to children's mental health support
- Third Force News: 25 Calls to improve the lives of children
- Third Force News: It's time to agree a common set of values in the digital world
Watch our campaign video
Our call-makers include:
- Sustrans Scotland
- Parenting across Scotland
- Poverty Alliance
- Community Justice Scotland
- Independent Care Review in Scotland
- Common Weal
- Scottish Autism
- Architecture & Design Scotland
Special edition of our magazine
In the latest edition of our magazine, the 25 Calls campaign takes centre-stage, with articles from each of our 25 call-makers published in full.
Children in Scotland members can access the magazine by logging in to the members' section of the website.
If you are not a member, but would like to order hard copies of the magazine, you can do so here.
A route-map to a better future
Download our route-map to a better future for children and young people in Scotland.
The map includes all 25 Calls by theme, and highlights the possible delays and barriers those travelling from stop-to-stop may encounter.