Issue 201 Children in Scotland Magazine
June- July 2021
After a particularly harsh winter and an unpredictable spring, summer seems to finally be here. With it, we see nature showing us the promise and opportunities of a new beginning. Developing this theme, we consider what is next for Scotland and its children and young people, the children’s sector and for Children in Scotland.
In this issue we reflect on the Scottish Parliament elections, considering the promises and commitments of the MSPs who will be filling the chamber for Holyrood’s sixth session and how these align with Children in Scotland’s own priorities and calls to action. We also hear from projects looking to equip young people to successfully navigate their future.
This also marks our final edition of Children in Scotland magazine in its current form.
In this final issue:
- Read a farewell interview with former Children in Scotland Chief Executive, Jackie Brock
- We reflect on our hopes for Holyrood’s 2021-26 session
- Calls to end the ‘young parent penalty’
- Learn more about the innovative dance project raising attainment
- How mindfulness for early years is helping tackle stress and anxiety
Covid-19 Update: Our magazine continues to be published online and available to the public, as part of our offering to the sector at this time.