What have we achieved already?
We have already achieved lots of stuff!
- We attend the Children in Scotland annual conferences. We asked people to make pledges at the conferences to commit to listening to the children and young people they work with.
- We have delivered a workshop on how to set up a young people's advisory group. Hopefully this made other people want to start advisory groups - this means that more children and young people will get a say in things, like we do here.
- We have also delivered a workshop on our concerns around vaping and e-cigarettes.
- We have taken part and developed our own campaigns, This has included lots of areas in education and physical and mental health.
- We wrote a call for the 25 Calls campaign, and our hot topics helped influence the themes for the campaign
- We have met with various decision-makers, including MSPs.
- We have been part of interview panels during staff recruitment at Children in Scotland. We have a question that is included in all recruitment of new staff.
- Some of us went to a UNICEF conference in Romania and one of us is part of Eurochild's Children's Council.