We want to achieve our vision of all children in Scotland having an equal chance to flourish. But our work towards this goal isn’t possible without the fantastic help and support of a wide range of people and funders.
We are fortunate to have an extensive and diverse membership sharing our ambition. We also have support from Corporate Partners who provide funding or specialist knowledge and expertise, as well as grant makers, the Scottish Government, and individuals.
One of our priorities is to run Children in Scotland as a sustainable organisation. This includes ensuring we secure funds from a wide range of sources.
Wherever possible, we work in partnership. This approach has enabled us to deliver a range of projects with different funding partners.
Previous examples include:
- Big Lottery Fund: CHANGE project
- Meals & More (Brakes), Gannochy Trust, Asda, the Hugh Fraser Foundation and the Anton Jurgens Charitable Trust: Food, Families, Futures programme
- CHAS (Children’s Hospice Association Scotland): Diana Nurses evaluation
- European Commission and Life Changes Trust: Alternative Future project
- Gillespie Macandrew: Corporate Partner and offering Membership benefits
- Glasgow City Council: summer 2017 Food, Families, Futures partnership
We are extremely grateful for all these partnerships and appreciate the funding, knowledge and expertise that comes with them.
Alongside generous support from funders, we raise funds for our work directly through our own income generation activity. This includes our highly respected Learning & Events programme, and our Consultancy and Membership services.
It is important to us that these activities provide the quality the sector needs and deserves, in line with our values, and at an affordable cost. This will help ensure that the resources of all of our member organisations can be focused on improving outcomes for children in Scotland.