National Third Sector GIRFEC Project
The National Third Sector GIRFEC (Getting it Right for Every Child) Project was established in early 2013. It was set up to support the third sector to be a strong partner in Children's Services Planning and the delivery of the GIRFEC policy within the Children & Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
Since then, the context has further developed and changed significantly. The project has also evolved to respond to the changes. In April 2018, the project entered a new phase and became part of Children in Scotland.
What is the project trying to achieve?
The project continues to support the third sector to further embed their roles in children’s services planning at both local and national level, with a specific focus on:
- The third sector as an equal and valued partner in improving children’s outcomes at national and local level
- Third sector organisations being supported to improve their capacity and capability to contribute fully to their local children’s services planning
- Third Sector organisations and the children, young people and families they serve becoming better engaged in service delivery and design
How are we going to achieve these aims?
We plan to achieve these aims by:
- Building capacity of the workforce
- Keeping organisations informed of relevant policies and legislations
- Co-ordinating opportunities for third sector and statutory partners to network, develop collaborative working and influence policies
- Supporting the third sector and partners to include children and young people’s voices at strategic planning
- Developing and collating practical resources to support third sector organisations
These are only some examples of our activities. Please contact us for further details or to discuss specific work.
Contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org