Issue 1 (Autumn 2021)
Published November 2021.
After months in the making we are delighted to publish the first edition of Insight, the new bi-annual publication for members of Children in Scotland.
We are passionate about providing space for reflection, instigating conversation and sharing good practice. With this in mind, Insight brings together voices and ideas from the people and projects driving change across the children's sector.
It communicates the shared ambition for what we can do to give all children in Scotland an equal chance to flourish.
Included in our launch issue:
- An interview with MSP Pam Duncan-Glancy about her hopes for the Transitions Bill, which aims to provide more support for young people after they leave school
- Dr Hyab Yohannes on the plight of refugee families
- SallyAnn Kelly responding to the announcement of the Whole Family Wellbeing Fund
- Graham Goulden urging investment in quality relationships with boys to ensure they grow up to be respectful men
- Nourish Scotland’s Stephanie Mander analysing the Good Food Nation Bill.
We also showcase some incredible work from Illustration students at Edinburgh College of Art and profile the work of portrait and documentary photographer, Margaret Mitchell.
Insight is a member benefit, with copies included as part of full membership with Children in Scotland. A digital edition can also be accessed via the Member area (log in required).
Not a member? Click here for more information about membership
Non-members are also invited to subscribe for just £10 per year. Click here to start a digital subscription