Healthy grieving: solution-focused approaches to bereavement
About this event
This training workshop will look at how to support children, young people and their families experiencing bereavement using a solution-focused approach. It is suitable for those who work directly with children, young people and families, and who are willing to have supportive conversations around bereavement needs.
- Understanding the solution-focused principles and techniques involved in providing support.
- Applying the principles and techniques within a framework of healthy grieving.
- Describing a variety of models of grief.
- Understanding the physical, emotional and cognitive impact of grief.
- Beginning to practice the techniques with other participants drawing upon their own personal or professional experiences.
*While there is an expectation that you share aspects of your personal and/or professional grief experiences, it is left to your discretion as to how much you wish to share.
This workshop is run in partnership with Barnardo's Scotland and facilitated by Steve Sweeney.
"Oustanding day. Pace excellent. Resources spot on!"
"Steve is fab! He is so knowledgeable and great at explaining the neuroscience. The visuals really helped!"
(Delegates, March 2019)