Issue 197 Children in Scotland Magazine
April 2020 – May 2020
Children of the revolution: A special edition examining how climate action now can save our future.
The issue of climate change and environmental emergency has been creeping up the political and social agenda for some time. The actions of Swedish schoolgirl, Greta Thunberg, and her peers, has galvanised a whole generation to campaign for change and hold elected officials to account. They, and thousands around the world, have given a clear message: the status quo will no longer be accepted.
This special ‘green’ edition looks at what action could, should and is being taken now to save the future of our planet. In this issue:
- Meet two young Scottish climate activists who are demanding change and leading from the front
- Hear from Roseanna Cunningham MSP on the progress and priorities of government
- Experts from 2050 Climate Group, Friends of the Earth and Sustainable Scotland Network share their thoughts on the way forward in our new ‘Big Question’ feature
- Find out more about the Climate Ready Classrooms project
- Hear recommendations for action from young people named as Scottish Climate Champions.
We hope this edition will inspire you to consider what we can do as individuals, as families and as communities to help reduce the impacts of modern living on our planet. It also gives hope that all is not lost, if we act now.
This edition is being offered free of charge as part of our support to the sector during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Access this edition FREE here (opens in PageSuite)