Netherlands study visit 2020
About this event
Monday, 2 March — Wednesday, 4 March 2020
According to Unicef’s report on child well-being in rich countries (2013), Dutch children rated the happiest in the world. Children in the Netherlands are ahead of their peers in childhood wellbeing, including material wellbeing, health and safety, education, behaviours and risks, and housing and environment. In comparison, the United Kingdom came 16th compared with 29 other rich, industrialised countries.
Our upcoming study trip will explore the why and how of the Netherland’s success, exploring its health, care and education system, cultural changes and innovative approaches.
The trip is open to anyone engaged in education, childcare and welfare of children, young people and families - from early years practitioners to educational psychologists, head teachers, academics and administrators.
- Return flights from Edinburgh to Amsterdam
- Airport and public transport travel in the Netherlands
- Accommodation for two nights including breakfast
- Children in Scotland staff members to accompany group
- Entry fees to attend visits to a variety of organisations.
Book your space online, or contact the Learning & Events team via email or phone (0131 313 8828).
Please note that payment has to be made prior to departure.