Gambling education and prevention with young people and families (FREE)
Free member event
About this event
Gambling is a hidden addiction. This training workshop is an opportunity to learn all about how problem gambling affects young people and families. It’s delivered by Fast Forward’s Gambling Education Hub.
The free training session also provides practice-rich examples of harm-minimisation and group engagement. You will explore how gambling harms can be addressed and how to include gambling in your services for young people and families.
- Increased gambling awareness and its impact on young people and families
- Understanding problem gambling, its consequences and the links with other risk-taking behaviours
- Exploring a variety of ways to address gambling as part of an overall health and wellbeing programme
- Gaining skills and confidence to deliver gambling education and prevention activities
- Increased knowledge of the resources available and of specialised gambling services.
Fast Forward was established in 1987 as a charity registered in Scotland. At the heart of our work is enabling young people to make informed choices about their well-being and to live healthier lifestyles.
We provide high quality health education and prevention interventions and projects.
Our work began in substance use and peer education, and now includes a range of youth health and well-being project work, training, consultancy and resources.