Engaging in courageous conversations about second-hand smoke with parents (half day)
Free member event
Due to unforeseen circumstances this event has been cancelled. To register your interest in future events please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About this event
While smoke-free public places have been a great success, many of Scotland’s children are still regularly exposed to second-hand smoke (SHS) in the home. Exposure to SHS is associated with a range of diseases including asthma, respiratory infections and cot death.
This workshop will provide you with a free, Scottish Government funded resource pack containing activities designed for use in parenting groups which raise awareness of second-hand smoke and the benefits of creating a smokefree environment for families. This session is suitable for any family support staff or professionals who have a role in directly supporting parents and who wish to improve the health and wellbeing of the families they work with.
- Second-hand smoke (SHS) and how it is measured
- Harmful chemicals in SHS and health risks to children exposed to SHS
- Myths or misconception that parents/carers may have about SHS
- Benefits of creating a smoke-free home
- Challenges of discussing smoke-free homes
- One free printed copy of ASH Scotland’s ‘Second-hand Smoke: Parent Workshop Pack’ for each attendee.
This free member event will be facilitated by ASH Scotland.
Please note places on this event are limited to 3 per organisation.