Child protection officer training
This event is now sold out. Spaces for this course are still available on the 10 December 2019. Book here:
About this event
This training will enable you to become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the child protection officer so you can develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
You’ll explore key themes around policy, referral procedures, support to staff, and best practice in safeguarding children and young people.
- Understanding of the responsibilities attached to your role
- Gaining confidence in revising policies and procedures and embedding them across your agency
- Understanding the importance of management oversight of staff working with children & young people
- Recognising the role of your setting in providing early help to vulnerable children in order to minimise and manage risk
- Managing concerns and the process for referring those children who may be in need of protection or intervention from other services.
This training is aimed at anyone who comes into regular contact with children and young people.
Delegates are expected to have completed NSPCC’s 3-hour online introductory level course in child protection in Scotland (or equivalent), and to have successfully liaised with other agencies involved in child protection, especially children’s social care.
NSPCC's vision for children is a society where all children are loved, valued and able to fulfil their potential. NSPCC exists to prevent children from cruelty and to provide protection for them.
NSPCC Scotland strives to be a learning organisation that values the development and dissemination of knowledge and skills throughout the organisation.
Training and development provided by NSPCC Scotland Training and Consultancy seeks to contribute to these goals and promote the values of the organisation.