ADHD, autism and attachment in early years
About this event.
This training will equip you with the knowledge and skills to effectively support the needs of young children with ADHD, autism and/or attachment difficulties. Particular focus will be paid to the symptom overlap, how we identify the conditions and how we support children in early intervention.
- Recognising the symptoms of ADHD, autism and attachment difficulties
- Supporting practitioners to identify the symptom overlap and provide appropriate intervention
- Understanding the conditions and their impact on learning and development in the early years
- Observational tools to support early identification and intervention
- Practical strategies to support learning and development.
Emma has worked at the ADHD Foundation since 2016 following a career working in family support and education services.
Her role at the foundation enables her to work alongside professionals supporting children aged 7 and under with potential neurodevelopmental conditions. Combined with this, she provides support to families and works therapeutically with children. She has a real passion for early identification and intervention for children with neurodevelopmental disorders as she feels it’s vital for future development and understanding.