Workforce Development Conference
15 March 2011, Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Glasgow
Last chance to book!
Improving practice, improving lives: securing better outcomes for children, young people and families
View Full Programme
Key note speaker: Nicola Sturgeon MSP, Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing
Ministerial Address: Adam Ingram MSP, Minister for Children and Young People
Hear from other speakers including:
- Maureen McKenna, Executive Director, Glasgow City Council
- Stig Lund, Special Advisor, BUPL - The Danish National Federation of Early Childhood teachers and Youth Educators
- Kenneth Greer, Executive Director of Education, Fife Council
- Linda McTavish, Principal of Anniesland College and Principal's Convener for Scotland's Colleges
- Michelle Miller, President, Association of Directors of Social Work
- Drew Walker, Director of Public Health, NHS Tayside
This major conference will address both the practical and financial challenges involved in developing a children's sector workforce in Scotland which has the capacity to tackle child poverty, promote social inclusion and improve outcomes for children, young people, their families and communities. The work done by every member of that workforce, from the earliest years, plays a vital part in creating the best start – and ensuring positive chances – for every child.
Come along and be part of the future.
- hear from Nicola Sturgeon MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing, on the Scottish Government vision for tackling poverty and improving outcomes for children and young people
- launch of Workforce Development Consultation by Adam Ingram MSP, Minister for Children and Young People
- focused sessions on skill and practice issues such as: qualifications and professional development, how GIRFEC can improve outcomes in children, families and communities, workforce role in eradicating child poverty and creating change in services and communities
- debate issues around increased workforce capacity and skill development in the sector, wider, transferable skills and roles
- draw on experiences within Scotland and across Europe, including an international perspective on capacity building from Stig Lund, Special Advisor, BUPL, Denmark
For further information or to book your place, please visit us online or contact Hannah on 0131 222 2431 or by email. Special discount offers apply to multiple group bookings.
View conference programme
Supported by the Scottish Government